Planning & Inspections
The Planning Department provides overall coordination of the town's physical and community development activities. Functions include:
- Act as liaison with developers
- Contact with state and federal funding agencies
- Prepare special studies
- Process zoning cases
- Review subdivisions
- Support to Historic District Commission, Planning Board and Board of Adjustment
The Planning Division is the lead division regarding the preparation of land use and other plans. All zoning and subdivision cases are processed and presented to the Planning Board and Town Council by the planning staff.
They also process all Board and Adjustment cases, assist with annexations, review landscape plans, and ensure public compliance with the Unified Development Ordinance.
This department serves as the information center for development activities.
- What do I do if I have a question or information request?
- How do I stay up-to-date regarding planning happenings within the City?
- How can I find agendas and minutes from Board meetings and public hearings?
- Are there are entities that can impact a decision on zoning for my site?
- How can I find more information on regulations affecting the Historic District?
- What is the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
- What is the difference between the UDO and the Code of Ordinances?
- How can I find out more information about the UDO?
- How can I find out about zoning?
- What are the rules about signage?