Electronic Resources For Kids
Links for Kids, Parents & Families
Digital Collections for Kids:
North Carolina Digital Library Kids Collection
NC Kids Digital Library The North Carolina Public Library Directors Association (NCPLDA), together with OverDrive and the state of North Carolina, has created a new digital resource sharing service for kids’ pre-K through 4th grade, NC Kids Digital Library. Over 3,700 eBooks, audiobooks, videos and Read-Alongs are now available to younger readers via 85 regional, county and municipal libraries in North Carolina through OverDrive’s digital reading platform.
All titles can be accessed via the app on all major computers and devices, including iOS®,
Android™, Chromebook™ and Kindle® (U.S. only).
Easy, secure access. All that’s needed to get started is your library card and PIN number.
- Ask Dr. Math
- Homework Help: Lots of links for help on different subjects
- North Carolina Internet Resources: Find information about North Carolina for school reports and projects; a great resource for students of all ages
- NCpedia: an online encyclopedia - the purpose to highlight North Carolina's unique resources, people, and culture to enrich, educate, and inform.
- International Children's Digital Library: A library for the world's children
- KidsClick!: A web search engine for kids, designed by librarians
- Reading Rockets: Find information about how young kids learn to read and resources for finding the right books
- Start with a Book: Explore exciting reading themes and fun ideas for writing
TumbleBookCloud junior is a collection of videos and chapter books in categories which include: e-books, read-alongs, graphic novels, videos (from National Geographic), and audio books suitable for elementary grades.
TumbleBookCloud is a collection of videos and chapter books in categories which include: e-books, read-alongs, graphic novels, videos (from National Geographic), and audio books suitable for middle school and high school grades. The books feature adjustable text sizes, full narration, and a read-along function, which highlights text as it is read. These features make TumbleBookCloud a great tool for reluctant readers and ESL students. Plus, all these options can be switched to manual, so readers can read at their own pace. Also, teachers can take advantage of lesson plans and quizzes that accompany the books.
AudioBookCloud: Your Online Audio Library - is an online audio book library collection for public libraries. The collection contains 1,000 books! A subscription to AudioBookCloud gives your patrons / students unlimited remote access to your audio book collection.