The Planning Division serves as the information center for development activities and provides overall coordination of the Town’s physical and community development activities.
Functions of the Planning Division include:
- Acting as liaison for developers
- Processing land use applications, text amendments to the UDO and the Comprehensive Long Range Plan
- Assisting with annexations
- Providing support to the Town Council, Planning Board, Historic District Commission and Board of Adjustment
- Preparation of land use and other plans
- Ensuring public compliance with the Unified Development Ordinance
- What do I do if I have a question or information request?
- How do I stay up-to-date regarding planning happenings within the City?
- How can I find agendas and minutes from Board meetings and public hearings?
- Are there are entities that can impact a decision on zoning for my site?
- How can I find more information on regulations affecting the Historic District?
- What is the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
- What is the difference between the UDO and the Code of Ordinances?
- How can I find out more information about the UDO?
- How can I find out about zoning?
- What are the rules about signage?