Thu Oct. 21Preschool Stories Preschool Stories is the session for your “big kid” (ages 3-5) who is ready to stretch, dance, liste...Read On
Sun Oct. 24STEAM Sunday Elementary aged children and their caregivers are invited to learn about topics in science, technolo...Read On
Sun Oct. 24Gentle Storytime Gentle Storytime is a sensory storytime for families with children on the autism spectrum or with mu...Read On
Little Clips for Little Readers are short videos featuring fun rhymes, songs, and literacy tips for children age birth to five and their parents & caregivers. Look for these videos on the SPPL Facebook page and on the Southern Pines Public Library’s YouTube Channel.
Take a break from screen time to listen to librarians reading stories. Call (910) 900-9099 and select a story. Press # at any point during the story to return to the main menu. New stories will become available each month.
Enjoy a story and the outdoors at the same time. Laminated pages from a children’s picture book are located on special display posts on a walking path outside the library. Featured books change seasonally.
Running out of things to read? Fill out the Next Reads online form describing some of your favorite (and least favorite) books. The librarians will select a custom list of 5 recommended titles to read based off your form responses. You will receive your list via email within 3 to 5 business days.
Discover books, online library resources, and websites tailored to a specific topic of subject area.
Online Library Resources
Use your library card and PIN to access subscription content at home or on the go. Below lists the best online library resources for kids.
- Britannica LibraryAge appropriate reference materials for three unique groups - children, young adults, and older patrons.
- Gale Literary SourcesCombines Literature Resource Center with Gale Virtual Reference Library in one interface. Articles, critical essays, work and topic overviews, full-text works, and biographies covering authors, their works, and literary movements.
- History Study CenterA collection of primary and secondary sources on global history from ancient times to the present day.
- Kids - North Carolina Digital LibraryThe Kids Collection includes eBooks, audiobooks, and videos available for streaming or download to most devices. Users will need their library card number and PIN number to access this collection. Call or visit the library for help and more information.
- NC Kids Digital LibraryThe North Carolina Public Library Directors Association (NCPLDA) together with OverDrive and the state of North Carolina have created a digital resource sharing service. Over 3,700 eBooks, Audiobooks, Videos, and Read-Alongs are now available for kids’ pre-K through 4th grade on NC Kids Digital Library.