News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/5/2018 12:43:00 PM to 1/6/2018 8:05:02 AM.
**Home News Flash
Posted on: January 4, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Winter Storm Advisory Fri., Jan. 5, 2018
- The roads in and around the Town of Southern Pines are improving as crews continue to remove ice and snow; however, Town officials continue to urge everyone to stay off the roads. Temperatures will remain around freezing, and black ice will likely be encountered on all the roadways due to snow and ice melting during daytime hours.
- On Fri., Jan. 5, offices at Planning, Finance, and Billing and Collections will close at 3:00 PM. The Administration office and Library will close at 4:00 PM. The Recreation office will close at 5:00 PM. Some services may be limited. Police, Fire, and Public Works employees will provide emergency services.
- Trash pickup services are currently delayed, but will resume when conditions improve in neighborhoods. Additional trash trucks may be encountered in certain locations to facilitate trash removal.
- In an effort to assist town services access roads, the Town asks that vehicles left in the roadway be removed as soon as possible.
- Please continue to monitor local news sources as Town officials will update information regarding Town office closures and delays, road conditions, and town services. If you have an emergency, please contact 911.