Join us for our next session: November 10, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
In a world dominated by politicized talk and social media posts, it often seems like there’s been a decline in respectful conversation. Over the last year and a half, the Southern Pines Public Library has participated in Conversation Cave, a program fostering respectful dialog within our community.
An open, hosted conversation, the Café is a venue for people to gather and try to make sense of our world. Participants are asked to agree on the following guidelines that set the tone for the dialog:
- Open-mindedness: listen to and respect all points of view
- Acceptance: suspend judgement as best you can
- Curiosity: seek to understand rather than persuade
- Discovery: question assumptions and look for new insights
- Sincerity: speak from your heart and personal experience
- Brevity: go for honesty and depth—don’t go on and on
Anyone interested in this opportunity to listen, reflect, and share ideas in the community is welcome to join.