I am hosting an event in Southern Pines and I would like a police officer to provide additional security. Is that possible?

Police officers are available to assist in a number of ways. If your event is on public property or outdoors, contact the Recreation and Parks Department to determine if you need to apply for an Outdoor Special Event Permit. The need for police services will be determined based upon your application. If your event does not fall into this category, contact the Police Department by email or by telephone at (910) 692-2732. On-duty officers may be assigned to events that are of a short term nature. For a longer term event, officers can be made available under certain circumstances. The Extra Duty Employment Application contains information and restrictions on this service. You may complete and mail the form or bring it to the Police Department. Your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss the event.

Show All Answers

1. I want to stay informed about crime and other activities and events taking place in my community. What is the best way to do that?
2. How do I report a crime, accident or suspicious circumstance?
3. How do I get a copy of a police report?
4. I received a parking ticket from the Southern Pines Police Department or the Southern Pines Fire/Rescue Department. What do I do?
5. I would like to research the crime statistics in Southern Pines. How can I get that information?
6. How do I request “Special Attention” for a specific problem?
7. I would like a police patch for my collection. How do I get one?
8. I am going to be out of town. Will the police department watch my house while I’m gone?
9. I am opening a new business in Southern Pines. How can I provide contact information to the police department in case of an emergency?
10. I would like to do my part to reduce the chance my property will be a target for criminals. Is there anything I can do?
11. I am thinking of having an alarm installed at my home/business. Is there anything I need to know?
12. I was really pleased with the quality of service I received from a Southern Pines Police Department employee. How do I let the police department know?
13. I need to get my fingerprints taken for a professional license, foster care/child care application, employment application, rental/lease application or for another purpose.
14. I have a Tow Agency and would like to know how my agency can be included in the department’s rotation list when a wrecker is needed.
15. I am hosting an event in Southern Pines and I would like a police officer to provide additional security. Is that possible?
16. I am planning on leaving my vehicle parked unattended at the Southern Pines Train Station while I am away. Do I need to notify the police department and ask them to keep a check on it?
17. My organization would like to solicit funds for charitable purposes. Is this activity regulated in Southern Pines?
18. I am applying to the North Carolina Alcohol Beverage Control Commission for a Retail ABC Permit and/or a Special Occasion/Temporary Permit. Do I need to notify the police department?
19. I would like to solicit door-to-door for business purposes. Is this activity regulated in Southern Pines?
20. I have a business that deals in precious metals. Do I need a permit to operate in Southern Pines?
21. I have an issue with an animal. Who do I contact?
22. How do I report possible terrorist activity?